Have you been offended lately? There are various kinds of offenses. Some can rock your world and others we don't even blink an eye at... One thing is for certain. Offenses will always present themselves because we live in an imperfect and sinful world. However, as women who desire to forget what lies behind and moves forward, it's important to learn to free ourselves from all encumbrances. We can not move freely in God's Will while we are carrying our offenses.
Here are just a few steps that can lead you to your cure for the common offense.
1. Put the Offense Under Interrogation. Ask yourself why you were offended in the first place. Is there something inside of you from the past you haven't dealt with? Were you the target for another person's emotions that haven't been dealt with? Was it a sin caused by an unbeliever or a believer?
2. Change Your Thinking. Your attitude and thoughts can determine your actions. Always pray before you actually respond to an offense. Could you have a wrong perception of that person? Think about whatever is honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, and worthy of praise. Dwell on this and let your response be filtered through it.
3. Be Merciful. God has shown great mercy on us and because He has, we are to do the same. Mercy in nature is undeserved favor. While we were still sinners He sent His Son to pay the price for our sin and bring us back to Himself. Surely, we can draw upon that mercy for another.
4. Be Forgiving. Forgiveness is NOT letting someone get away with what they have done to you. It's letting go of it and trusting that God will take care of it.
5. Walk in Freedom. When you have let go of an offense you will be able to freely move toward your God-given purpose! Holding on to offenses only enables you to spiral into a pit of additional sins.
Be wise, let go, move on!